US Media Literacy Week will be held November 5-9, 2018
Spread the word: #MediaLitWk
Media Literacy Week Sponsors
Media Literacy Week Supporters
Media Literacy Week is designed to bring attention and visibility to media literacy education in the United States. Inspired by Canada’s Media Literacy Week now in its 13th year, the National Association for Media Literacy Education leads the efforts to coordinate a media literacy week in the United States to showcase the work of amazing media literacy educators and organizations around the country. The mission of Media Literacy Week is to highlight the power of media literacy education and its essential role in education today.
Whether you are an individual teacher, an employee at an organization, or a researcher, you can get involved with Media Literacy Week. Between November 5 and 9, plan your own Media Literacy Event for your community. It’s up to you to decide what you want to organize, but if you need help planning, feel free to reach out to email@example.com. Some ideas to get you started:
- Gather teachers for a professional development workshop
- Organize a screening and panel discussion at your school or in your community
- Create a film festival of youth media projects developed in your classroom
- Take your students on a tour of a local television station
- Host a webinar about news literacy
- Partner with your local maker space and explore new forms of reading and writing with emergent technology
- Explore a community issue and have youth come up with civically-minded creative solutions
- Debate the ethical opportunities and challenges of what “free” or “private” means online
Share your plans with us and we will post your event on the Media Literacy Week website. Send us your logo and we will add you to the list of partners.
We hope you will be a part of the 4th Annual Media Literacy Week in the United States.