“Investing in media literacy is the price we should all be willing to pay for the next generation.” – Adam Chiara
Donate to NAMLE now and help grow the media literacy movement.
We live in a time of unprecedented freedom of information and expression. More voices are making themselves heard than ever before, and this presents both opportunities and challenges. Educators need to equip their students with the skills to access, analyze, evaluate, create, and act using all forms of communication in the 21st century. Media literacy has never been more important.
Helping people understand the media messages they see, share, and create, is the core of the mission The National Association for Media Literacy Education (NAMLE).
Your financial support will help NAMLE serve educators all over the country with resources and professional development and advocate for media literacy education. All contributions will allow us to maintain free membership for individual educators.
NAMLE has accomplished so much this year:
- Hosted the 3rd Annual Media Literacy Week U.S. with 225+ National Partners and events happening all over the country.
- Organized the 11th National NAMLE Conference (Engaging Citizens, Building Community) in Chicago June 26-28, 2017
- Grew NAMLE membership to over 4,000 members
- 50,000+ downloads in the past year for Journal of Media Literacy Education (JMLE)
- Collaborated with Common Sense Kids Action and Media Literacy Now in launching important media literacy and digital citizenship legislative campaign
- Created new parent resource Building Healthy Relationships with Media: A Parent’s Guide to Media Literacy
Our work is more essential than ever before and we need your support to continue it. We would greatly appreciate it if you would consider supporting media literacy education with a tax-deductible donation to NAMLE’s work in helping individuals grow as responsible citizens, productive students, and dynamic teachers. Every dollar counts.
Watch this video from NAMLE Vice President, Erin Reilly, for more information and reasons why to donate now.
How To Donate
Your tax-deductible gift, of any amount, will go towards NAMLE’s work in helping individuals grow as responsible citizens, productive students, and conscientious media consumers.
To make an online donation, click here or
Send Your Contribution to:
NAMLE – P.O. Box 343 – NY, NY 10024
For in-kind, matching, bequests, or other types of donations please contact our Executive Director, Michelle Ciulla Lipkin at email@example.com.
How Your Donation Makes an Impact
Our members are working in K-12 classrooms, higher education, after-school programs, libraries, and youth and community centers as media advocates and in the media industry. We provide them with:
- Free Individual Membership – Individual educators, media literacy practitioners and even those that just want to be a part of our vibrant community join NAMLE for FREE. We provide them free resources, networking opportunities, connections with other NAMLE members, and much, much more.
- Media Literacy Week – An annual national initiative which brings together educators, advocates and media makers. The mission of Media Literacy Week is to highlight the power of media literacy education and its essential role in education today.
- Journal of Media Literacy Education – A FREE online, peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal for established and emerging scholars, media professionals, and educational practitioners in and out of schools.
- National Conference – Our biennial conference is the only national event that brings together the full spectrum of people involved in media literacy education, including educators, practitioners, outreach directors, and content producers. It serves as a forum in which promising practices are disseminated, future projects are conceived, and growth in the field is fostered through emerging networks.
- Monthly E-newsletters – Our monthly e-newsletters contains the latest news about NAMLE partners and all those involved with media literacy education.
- The Core Principles of Media Literacy Education – A FREE downloadable document that articulates a common ground around developing clear, measurable outcomes and benchmarks for U.S. schools.