Start Date: January 6, 2020
Schedule: Full-time, Flexible (evening and weekend meetings/events as needed)
Position: This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, emerging media literacy professional who is interested in joining a growing team with a lot of room for professional growth. Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with, the Associate Director, the Program Assistant will help build a solid foundation for NAMLE to expand and deepen media literacy education across the United States. We are looking for an early career media literacy professional or recent graduate with one to three years of work experience or background in media studies, communications, nonprofit management, or a related subject. This role requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a team setting, working both independently and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Coordinate and manage complex logistics for both small and large scale events including but not limited to: preparing materials, handling invoices, managing event logistics (registration, catering, room setup, etc.),
- Work with the Associate Director to develop program evaluations,
- Track data and evaluations of each program and prepare reports as needed,
- Maintain accurate records of participation and contact notes in database,
- Provide backup support to Executive and/or Associate Director at events as needed, and
- Attend committee meetings, when appropriate.
- Manage submissions for newsletters from Org Partners or other community members,
- Curate media literacy resources for monthly newsletters,
- Write/edit content for newsletters (Update, Org Bulletin),
- Manage social media channels and assist with social media content creation,
- Track data and prepare monthly social media reports, and
- Respond to general NAMLE inquiries.
- Perform administrative/general office duties as needed,
- Create and maintain accurate profiles in the customer relationship management (Salesforce) database,
- Research best practices and gather, analyze and visualize data as needed,
- Maintain organizational/team calendar, and
- Perform other duties as necessary,
- Assist with entering information into financial and reporting systems,
- Track and process employee expenses, and
- Work with the Executive Director, the treasurer, and the bookkeeper to submit expenses/reports monthly.
Large Scale Projects
The Program Assistant may be asked to assist on a variety of large scale organizational projects including but not limited to:
- Implementation of new client management system (Salesforce),
- Website redesign,
- Volunteer program restructure, and
- Conference and other regional events.
- College degree required,
- Minimum of two years of prior administrative experience,
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner,
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative manner,
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple projects and tasks,
- Comfort with Google Nonprofit (Drive/Gmail), Salesforce, Constant Contact, and Zoom or a willingness to learn,
- Proficiency in database management or willingness to learn,
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail and ability to work independently,
- Ability to thrive in a small nonprofit and wear multiple hats, as needed, and
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and overall desire to promote a positive work environment.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 6th.