Duration: Contract, 10-Month Position (January 2023 – October 2023)
Schedule: 10 Hours/Week
Deadline to Apply: Monday, November 28, 2022
The Cyber Citizenship Initiative (CCI) is a publicly accessible, community-based curricular resource database and educator engagement platform connecting researchers and educators to curate and host “cyber citizenship” curricula and tools that teach media literacy skills. In partnership with Cyber Florida, the Florida Center for Instructional Technology (FCIT), the National Association for Media Literacy Education, and New America, the Cyber Citizenship Initiative is currently accepting applications for a 10-month (contract) part-time Grant Writer to support the projects funding goals by developing and managing proposal submissions for foundation grants.
The purpose of the position is to implement the funding strategy developed by project leadership and to assist with ensuring sustainable funding sources for the Cyber Citizenship Initiative. Successful candidates will be able to commit to 10 hours a week for this position, have at least five years of successful grant writing experience, and excellent time management skills. Additionally, strategic planning, collaboration, problem solving, and organizational skills are required. Basic experience with google workspace and grants database management is preferred for this position.
Email Resume or CV along with a cover letter to the Cyber Citizenship Project Manager, Jimmeka Anderson.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research foundation and corporate grant opportunities that align with the goals of the Cyber Citizenship Initiative
- Write and develop grant proposals for review by Project Leadership
- Submit grant proposals through online databases
- Manage grants tracker with details regarding grant submissions
- Report key performance indicators as relative to the CCI funding strategy
- Adhere to deadlines for grant requirements
- Work collaboratively with the CCI team to strategize goals
- 5+ years of proven successful grant writing experience (required)
- Knowledgeable of media literacy concepts and education practices (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline oriented
- Strategic planning skills
- Self-directed in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, Media Studies, or relevant field (required)