When you become a NAMLE member, you join a community of educators, researchers, media artists, community members, advocates, and organizations dedicated to advancing media literacy education in the United States and beyond.
Join NAMLE today and take advantage of the following benefits:
Network and Connect
- Meet and network with other members doing work in media literacy education at our international conference.
- Join a caucus to connect with a group within NAMLE.
- Browse our members directory, search for members near and far, and send direct messages to members in our Membership Portal.
Promote Your Work or Organization
- Submit your book, film, or curriculum resource to be promoted in the NAMLE Marketplace. All proceeds benefit NAMLE and its members.
- Organizational members are featured on our website.
- Submit your book, film or curriculum resource to be promoted and archived in the NAMLE Resource Hub.
Support Research, Scholarship, and Practice in Media Literacy Education
- Your membership supports all of our initiatives to advance media literacy education, including our Conference, the Journal of Media Literacy Education (JMLE), and our Modern Media Makers (M3) youth media programs.
Special Discount Offer
- Thank you to NAMLE member, Ron Placone, for offering NAMLE members a 10% discount on Madness in the Message, a multimedia performance lecture about mass media. Madness in the Message is a multi-media performance lecture about the mass media Since launching Madness in the Message in June of 2012, Ron has performed for colleges, advocacy groups, enjoyed several sold-out theater shows and a few conference presentations. The show is best suited, however, for college campuses. Describing the show “as The Daily Show meets the BBC series How TV Ruined Your Life with an academic edge,” Ron takes students on a tour through a contemporary media landscape where advertisers, owners and special interest groups come first and the general public comes dead last, and leaves them with a new perspective on what it means to interact with the media and participate as a civically engaged citizen. For more information, contact Ron at email@example.com.