Ways to Spread the Word
Share the news! Here are several ways to tell others about NAMLE, our new website and the resources NAMLE makes available as a service to the field. Which one(s) can you do?
- Invite someone to membership. If someone expresses an interest – or a passion – for media literacy education, tell them about NAMLE and invite them to join. Why not? You did!
- Send an e-mail to your network of friends and colleagues.
- Post the NAMLE website and brief description on other websites, blogs, article citations, resource lists, etc.
- Include the NAMLE website in your e-mail “signature.”
- Make an announcement at an in-service day for teachers.
- Make an announcement at a convention, workshop or panel dealing with media literacy or media literacy education.
- Pass out bookmarks and flyers from the NAMLE Marketplace to spread the word about this important NAMLE service to teachers.
- Post a notice on a list-serve or blog you belong to where participants are discussing a topic related to media literacy or media literacy education. They may not be aware of NAMLE as an organization or the many services it provides.
- Use your e-mail signature like a bumpersticker on your car – and help spread the word about media literacy as a new vision of education for the 21st century.
If you need assistance or have other suggestions, contact email@example.com.