The National Association for Media Literacy Education (NAMLE) announces the results of its recent election for the Board of Directors for the 2012-2014 term. Reflecting the growing reach of media literacy across multiple disciplines, the 15-member board now includes representatives from higher education, independent media, after school programs, media production, organizational communications, research and public health.
Newly elected “At Large” Board Directors:
- Tina Peterson, Lecturer, Program in Writing and Communication, Rice University, Houston, TX
- David Cooper Moore, Assistant Professor, Temple University
- Emily Bonilla, Media and Television Production Teacher, Essex County Vocational Technical Schools, NJ
Current Board Directors elected to new terms:
- Sherri Hope Culver (President), Director, Center for Media and Information Literacy at Temple University and Assistant Professor
- Erin Reilly, Managing Director, USC Annenberg Innovation Lab
- Mark Hannah, PhD student at USC Annenberg School for Communication, and Political Correspondent for PBS.org
The newly elected and re-elected directors join continuing board directors Paul Mihailidis, Vanessa Domine, Rhys Daunic Lynda Bergsma, Ethan Delavan, Cathy Leogrande, Theresa Redmond, Carol Tizzano, and Jasmine Hood.
Category: NAMLE Action!