Please register before May 15th to get early bird discounts for educators and media scholars for the MEDUCON Austin to be held from June 8th to 10th at the University of Texas Alumni Center, 2110 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin, TX 78712.
- Learn and understand ways of enhancing the positive influence of media & communication technology to develop positive thoughts and actions; enabling character education
- Promote effective use of media & communication technology in imparting education
- Encourage the integration of human values in media and education
- Empower participants to create stress free and violence free environments that enhance and nurture learning and promote holistic development of children and youth. Learn and understand the importance of emotional and social intelligence in developing successful leadership traits.
- Panel discussions to facilitate best practices of how to harness the power of media to enhance teaching and accelerate learning
- Brainstorming solutions on how knowledge, skills and values can be imparted to the next generation using the power and influence of media
- Thought provoking speakers to inspire and educate on improving creativity, leadership and decision-making
- Self-awareness techniques to help enhance creativity, improve emotional and social intelligence, nourish positive human values and thereby empower participants to take responsible decisions.
- Dr. Mary Beth Oliver, Distinguished Professor and Co-Director of Media Effects Research Lab, Pennsylvania State University
- David Kleeman, President, American Center for Children and Media, Chicago
- Dr. Michon Benson, Principal, WALIPP Preparatory Academy, Houston
- Dr. Leonard Moore, Professor and Associate Vice-President for Diversity and Community Engagement, University of Texas-Austin
- Dr. Srividya Ramasubramanian, Assistant Professor and Director of Communication Research Lab, Texas A&M University
Category: Media Literacy Ed Community News